Unknown segue relationship: Prototype
Rick Mann
2015-12-14 09:48:52 UTC
I'm getting this error since adding an NSCollectionView to my Storyboard in Xcode 7.2 (on OS X 10.10.5). It also added a prototype relationship to the NSCollectionViewItem.

Googling, this appeared to be a problem with Xcode 6b, but persists in 7.1 beta versions. I'm not sure if it's still a problem. Is there any way around it?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25123365/unknown-segue-relationship-prototype-with-nscollectionview
--
Rick Mann
***@latencyzero.com

This email sent to gegs@
Andreas Mayer
2015-12-15 00:01:10 UTC
Post by Rick Mann
Googling, this appeared to be a problem with Xcode 6b, but persists in 7.1 beta versions. I'm not sure if it's still a problem. Is there any way around it?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25123365/unknown-segue-relationship-prototype-with-nscollectionview
I did what the answer on stackoverflow suggests (i.e. load the collection view from a nib and add it in code) and that works. Didn't really try anything else.

Andreas
Rick Mann
2015-12-15 00:38:10 UTC
Post by Andreas Mayer
Post by Rick Mann
Googling, this appeared to be a problem with Xcode 6b, but persists in 7.1 beta versions. I'm not sure if it's still a problem. Is there any way around it?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25123365/unknown-segue-relationship-prototype-with-nscollectionview
I did what the answer on stackoverflow suggests (i.e. load the collection view from a nib and add it in code) and that works. Didn't really try anything else.
I found that answer a bit vague, but then found a video that showed manually instantiating the view from the storyboard and setting that as the prototypeItem. Then I found the WWDC 2015 video that seems to do away with bindings altogether and uses a dataSource, and doesn't use the prototype item, but either loads from a nib or uses the class registration mechanism.

In any case, Xcode is clearly buggy, and I wrote a bug for it.
--
Rick Mann
***@latencyzero.com

This ema