SFSpeechRecognizer - recognitionTaskWithRequest - result not found
Devarshi Kulshreshtha
2018-05-11 11:09:58 UTC
I am executing SpeakToMe code (
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/samplecode/SpeakToMe/Introduction/Intro.html
)
provided by apple on an iPad.

Most of the time it works fine, however sometimes it does not recognize
speech by user, below is the part of code which does not work as expected
in such scenarios:

recognitionTask = speechRecognizer.recognitionTask(with:
recognitionRequest) { result, error in
var isFinal = false

if let result = result {
self.textView.text =
result.bestTranscription.formattedString
isFinal = result.isFinal
}

if error != nil || isFinal {
self.audioEngine.stop()
inputNode.removeTap(onBus: 0)

self.recognitionRequest = nil
self.recognitionTask = nil

self.recordButton.isEnabled = true
self.recordButton.setTitle("Start Recording", for: [])
}
}

In above code following error is obtained:

SiriCoreSiriConnectionErrorDomain - code 4

Also I noticed that Siri stops recognising speech by user, when the same
behavior fails in the app. In order to make it work I have to restart the
device.

Any ideas on what could be wrong and how to resolve it?
--
Thanks,

Devarshi

This email sent to ***@ml-in.narkive.net